[rrd-developers] Re: SUM Consolidation Function in RRDTool

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 4 14:09:54 MEST 2005

Hi Sebastian,

You take the average function and multiply the result with the
timespan you  are looking at ...

if you want more info take a look at the mail archive of this list,
this has been discussed at length many times

Today Sebastian Bauer wrote:

> Hi developers list,
>
> I wonder if there is a simple way to sum up all values of a given interval. If there is something like a SUM CF or another "simple" way do achieve this, please tell me. If there's nothing like this, and others are interested in this functionality I'd like to implement something like this. At the moment I have to finish my diploma :) so I'd try the SUM thing in May.
>
> Sincerely, Sebastian

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286