[rrd-developers] Re: SUM Consolidation Function in RRDTool

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 16:01:07 MEST 2005

Mark, if I'd need precise figures, I'd store the data in an SQL database.
RRDtool is nice when it's used what it's designed for.

For performance analysis, you most often need averages and peak values,
and that's what RRDtool delivers you very well.

For such things as billing, it's just an overkill trying to avoid the
aggregation in RRDtool.

Stan