[rrd-developers] Re: MMAP IO

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 12 02:01:52 MEST 2005

Yesterday Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:

> --- Tobias Oetiker <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
> > RRDtool 1.2 come with a host of new features like MMAP IO;
> > zoomable, anti-aliased graphs; truetype support and many more
> > things, especially the graphing part has been enhanced massively.
>
> Hi Tobi,
>
> I haven't looked at the code yet, but how does MMAP feature work
> with NFS? I know at least one large cluster installation build on top of NFS
> for storing RRD data.

Hi Stan,

as fahr as I know this does not matter ... MMAP works over NFS ...
but then again you can disable it at configure time if it does not
work ... if you tell me I can add additional checks to configure

> Thanks,
> Stan
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286