[rrd-developers] Re: Patch to rrd_graph.c for printing only epoch time of a VDEF

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri May 27 20:33:17 MEST 2005

I have been mussling over this issue ... and I have come to the
conclusion that the cleanes sollution is to have an other command
like alex suggested ...

GPRINTTM
PRINTTM

which take strftime formats as arguments ... so if anyone cares to
write a patch, I will include it ...

May 19 Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 04:29:37PM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
>
> > > What about having either a new command (PRINTT or TPRINT) or having
> > > a new escape sequence ('%_t' or '~t') ?
> >
> > Since we do NOT follow printf syntax here anyway I do not see any
> > reason to add yet another syntax ... %t is a tab char in linux
> > strftime but I guess we can live with loosing this potential future
> > enhancement.
>
> Then what about %l  (hour in " 1"-"12" format) ?
> What about '%S' (seconds) currently documented ?
>
> You are right, we don't follow printf, except maybe the "%lf" code.
> Should we follow strftime as far as possible and make something up
> for %l and %S, or what else do you suggest?

> alex
>
> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286