[rrd-developers] Re: Bugs : digits in vname, locale, grapg size

Andrius Narbutas Andrius.Narbutas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:47:15 MET 2005

On 2005.11.01 23:04, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users/msg10522.html

Excuse me, i do not want to start a flame here, but... I'm wrong? Was
your e-mail helpful a bit? I just said that :
a) rrdtool documentation permits using digits as vnames
b) it WorksForMe in v 1.0.x.

No more, no less. Maybe it is error prone, maybe it is incorrect, but it
worked, and stopped working. And i just asked to update docs. Thanks for
help, but i didn't find anything usefull.

About encodings... I searched in devel lists about that problem... And
didn't find related docs. Maybe, except string in rrd_graph.c, which, as
i already said, isn't working. Maybe i didn't know how to search, maybe
i can't find what i need. But u didn't wrote too. So thanks again for
direction, but it didn't help me (as i already searched lists before
writing). Link to your answer is good, but i already have this e-mail in
my inbox ;-)

And last - i do not know why your mutt incorrectly wraps my emails. My
mutt wraps it without problems. Strange.

Sorry for offtopic. Can anybody give hint how to debug incorrect encoding?