[rrd-developers] Re: Fix for non-functional python bindings

Haroon Rafique haroon.rafique at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 2 15:33:02 MEST 2006

On Yesterday at 4:08pm, JW=>Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com> wrote:

JW> The current python bindings are a bit broken... A simple 'python -c
JW> "import rrdtool"' fails like so:
JW>
JW> Traceback (most recent call last):
JW>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
JW> ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initrrdtool)
JW>
JW> However, the fix is pretty simple (and looks like it was partially
JW> attempted, but not fully implemented). Please see the attached patch
JW> from Mihai Ibanescu, one of my cohorts here at Red Hat.

Hi Jarod,

This is the exact same problem as mentioned in the list earlier in these 2
messages:

http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users/msg11466.html
http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users/msg11511.html

And, BTW, Mihai's patch looks like it reverts the changeset 839:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool-trac/changeset/839

The commit message on the changeset mentions Duncan Webb.

  * python uses the name of the module for loding, so this should better
    match up -- Duncan Webb duncan dwebb

Can Duncan perhaps jump into the discussion, please?

Regards,
--
Haroon Rafique
<haroon.rafique at utoronto.ca>