[rrd-developers] test suite in php or shell scripts needed.

D. Walsh info at daleenterprise.com
Mon Feb 20 15:01:32 MET 2006

Can someone help me out please.

I'm just about done my PHP extension rewrite and what I need are some
PHP or shell scripts to test rrdtool functionality.

These tests should be basic and simple to allow compatibility for all
version of RRDTool.

I'm trying to test functionality in different OS's under different
versions of RRDTool (because I'll never know what version the end
user will actually be using) so simplicity is the key factor.

The functions that need testing.

create
graph
update
fetch
last

The PHP or shell script needs to create the rrd file used to test the
function and the only requirement is it cannot use perl to perform
any of the tasks.

Here is an example of the graph function that has already been tested.
(you could write a {hard-coded} shell script {not using perl} that
tests the functions
  and I can convert it easily to PHP if your more comfortable with
shell scripts)
________________________________

if (file_exists("/usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdtool")) {
	$rrdtool = "/usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdtool";
} elseif (file_exists("/usr/local/bin/rrdtool")) {
	$rrdtool = "/usr/local/bin/rrdtool";
} elseif (file_exists("/usr/bin/rrdtool")) {
	$rrdtool = "/usr/bin/rrdtool";
}

function rrd_graph ($img, $opts, $count)  {
	global $rrd_error_val, $rrdtool;

	unset($output);
	$rrd_error_val = NULL;

	$cmd = "$rrdtool graph $img '". implode("' \\\n'",$opts) . "'" . "
2>&1";
	$out = exec($cmd, $output, $rrd_error_val);

	if ($rrd_error_val) {
		if (!is_numeric($rrd_error_val)) {
			$rrd_error_val = $output[0];
		}