[rrd-developers] Patch to rrd_dump.c to allow output to a filename as well as stdout

Nicola Worthington nicolaw at arwen.tfb.net
Sun Jan 8 19:07:36 MET 2006

Dear All,
Having never submitted a patch before, I was unsure as to where to send it
to, so I'm taking a best guess at the developers list and Tobi. Please
correct me if I'm not following protocol. :)

This is a patch to allow rrd_dump to output to a filename if a second
argument is specified. This makes life a lot easier if you want to use the
dump functionality in RRDs for example without wanting to do funky stuff
to capture the output. (Not everyone wants to do output redirection).

The TCL binding has been altered slightly to take this change in to
account since it was calling the rrd_dump_r method directly instead of
rrd_dump.

I hope this can be considered for inclusion in the next release. Please
let me know your thoughts.

Best wishes,
Nicola

--