[rrd-developers] graph step=n not working in 1.2.13

Niels Endres niels at weaklogic.com
Tue Jul 11 03:23:01 MEST 2006

Hi,

   When I try the following using rrdtool 1.2.13:

	rrdtool graph test.png
		DEF:val=test.rrd:data:AVERAGE
		DEF:avg=test.rrd:data:AVERAGE:step=3600
		LINE:val#ff0000
		LINE:avg#00ff00

   the avg line is the same as the val line (instead of being a lower
resolution average, as the default step is 600).

   I've traced this back to the "im->gdes[i].step = im->step;" operation
on line 742 of rrd_graph.c.  Removing this line fixes this problem.  I
can't work out why it's there in the first place, so don't know if this
would break something else.

Cheers,
Niels

--