[rrd-developers] Re: Feater Request: RPN operator => RRD

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 16 15:02:31 MEST 2006

Hi Gerd,

you can do this in CDEF by testing for unknown and putting 0 or 1
then you SUM the result to get the known vs unkonwn ration for the
data you look at ...

Today Gerd Mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I still have the trend problem
> (http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users/msg11384.html) :-(
>
> So I thought about solutions and found 3 possible ways:
>
> 1. a new special time value "STARTEDAT" (seconds since first value
> stored)
>
> 2. a new TREND, which ignors UNKN values
>
> 3. a new Function SUM like TREND but sums all values instead of building
> an average.
>
> My favorite would be the third one.
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> Gerd
>

> --

ETH Zurich
Tobias Oetiker, IT Support Group D-ITET (ISG.EE)
ETL F24.2, Physikstrasse 3, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Phone +41 44 63 25286,  http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker/