[rrd-developers] JAVA JNI Bindings 1.2 branch

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 22:44:45 MET 2006

Hi list,

We are in the initial stages of developing a front-end web application
to a set of statistics gathered by rrdtool. We would like it to
develop it in Java cause mostly this
the language we are experienced most. Unfortunately I could't find a
good Java binding to librrrd 1.2 branch.

The one in the dev.java.net website
(http://www.dnseurope.net/opensource/rrdjtool/) is not updated to the
1.2 branch of rrdtool. I tried to compile it but failed in the
rrdgraph function (wrong number of arguments). And this is mostly the
function we would like to use. The JNI library that Opennms
(http://www.opennms.org/) uses doesn't include the rrdgraph function.
It uses it only for rrdcreate, fetch etc.

Further, if anybody has used the Java binding before, did it have any
problems especially multithreaded, in multiple invocations of the
rrdgraph function from different servlets running on the same instance
in the application server.

Any plans where to look for?

Looking forward for your respond....

Thank you in advance.