[rrd-developers] Re: Compiling 1.2 for OsX 10.4.8/Intel

Emmanuel Blot manu.blot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 22:28:27 MEST 2006

Tobias> missed the file when checking in the rrdupdate patch ... its
in the repo now ...
Thanks, it builds better ;-)

Dale> I've managed to generate a universal binary (PPC/Intel) with some
Dale> effort so I just need to find the time to decipher my build

Did you successfully build the python wrapper?
I had to add "-framework Python" to the final link, but I can't get
the python wrapper to work:

>>> sys.path.append('/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.15/lib/python2.5/site-packages/')
>>> import rrdtool
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initrrdtool)

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,
Manu