[rrd-developers] Patch to get more metadata out of 'rrdtool graph'

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Sat Aug 25 00:23:25 CEST 2007

Hi Mark,

I will be glad to accept such a patch ... BUT ... it has to be done
differently.

rrd_graph may not print anyting directly. it must return its
information to the caller who is then responsible for dealing with
it ... look how this is done currently for the size of the graph
and the return data for PRINT: ... unfortunately this code does not
realy lend it self to extension, so I guess what would have to be
done, is to add an option to rrdtool which enables a different kind
of return values ... (this is necessary to  NOT break existing
code).

have a look at rrd_info.c to see what kind of interface for
returning arbitrary data I would like to see ...

in that way  rrdtool could retorn a ton of data about the graph and
all its properties to the caller ...

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902