[rrd-developers] Seg fault with r1094

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:06:24 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 12:05:44PM -0500, Matthew Chambers wrote:
>I'll attach the whole build log.  The only warnings I saw in it were about
>Clock skew.  PPC Mac Minis have the worst system clock you've ever seen.  I
>seriously think it lost half a second from the time the build started to
>when it was halfway through.  But I don't know if that would cause a truly
>inconsistent build.  I ran the gdb line and 'bt f' on it after this build
>finished, and it gave the same results. :(  I used:
>./configure --prefix=/frogstar/usr/ppc CFLAGS='-O0 -g3 -ggdb3 -W -Wall';
>make; make install
>Because I couldn't get your line to work, although now I realize that that
>was because they were supposed to be on 3 separate lines.  Oops.  But
>hopefully a copy/paste of the entire build output from the terminal into a
>file is more or less the same? :)

I had a short glance at the alleged segfault and cannot reproduce it
with a pristine checkout built with -O0 -g3 -ggdb3 on the PPC box and
running that 32bit binary on the PPC64 box.

If this turns out to be a problem at higher optimization-levels, i
suggest you talk to the redhat guys about this, fwiw. I've been bitten
by redhat compilers miscompiling for loops on a so called advanced
server lately even on i386, so the possibility that redhat's ppc
compiler does stuff differently than one would expect is something i
would not exactly be surprised about..

anyway.
HTH and kind regards,
Bernhard