[rrd-developers] rrdtool 1.3 cairo switch is done

Dylan Vanderhoof DylanV at semaphore.com
Fri Jun 15 20:40:58 CEST 2007

I'm not sold that it's the cairo stuff causing the performance
degredation.  fetch shouldn't have anything to do with the graphics lib,
and its running at less than half the speed of the 1.2.23 + fadvise
rrdtool.

Graphing is ~1/3 the speed of 1.2.23, but its hard to say how much of
that is cairo and how much is rrdtool itself.

(FWIW, I get nearly identical results without O_DIRECT)

-D