[rrd-developers] rrdtool 1.3 cairo switch is done

Dylan Vanderhoof DylanV at semaphore.com
Fri Jun 15 21:44:47 CEST 2007

Apparently mmap overrules the fadvise functionality.

When compiled on 2.4.32 w/ --disable-mmap, I get this:

denver ~ # time ./rrdtool fetch test.rrd AVERAGE
ERROR: setting POSIX_FADV_RANDOM on 'test.rrd': Success

real    0m0.016s
user    0m0.010s
sys     0m0.000s

Not surprising, since posix_fadvise() isn't supported on 2.4.X.

Not sure is that's considered a regression, or if --disable-mmap should
be considered unsupported on 2.4.X

-D