[rrd-developers] rrdtool 1.3 cairo switch is done

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:48:09 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 12:31:34PM -0700, Dylan Vanderhoof wrote:
>I figured that's why it wasn't the default, but removing it had no
>effect on rrdtool performance, I was just playing with options.
>
>I'm still seeing approximatly half the performance from trunk than I am
>1.2.23 + fadvise.  (For fetch.  graph is about 1/3 the speed with trunk)
>I'll without mmap when I get a chance to see if that's part of the
>issue.
>
>(FWIW, this is on linux 2.4.32, I haven't had a chance to test it on a
>2.6.X server yet)

Just to be sure, run make clean and then configure with mmap again
(don't forget a make install). Can you send the logfile created by
strace -s4096 -o /tmp/rrdtool-trunk.mmap.1.log /there/rrdtool ...

You are using pristine trunk, without any additional patches, right?
What revision are you using (i assume you're on i386)?
thanks,