[rrd-developers] legend spacing problem - redux

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed May 16 06:23:40 CEST 2007

Hey Tobi,
Oh my conclusion comes from the previous fix, which still works
perfectly,
and simply assigns glue = 0;  regardless of the flags.   If the glue
were
constant on each line, I would get great legend label alignment.  And
I don't have to know the width of the graph.

In my case, I'm being lazy, and I'm not calculating any widths, or
the pixel
size of my legend strings, or anything, I'm just throwing fixed
length legend
labels at rrd_graph() and its doing what it can.  I  don't know if
the line
breaks, but because I'm always using the same size for the label,
padding it with spaces,  rrd_graph will provide the same spacing
for the legends, and so everything gets lined up.  Works great, as long
as there is no glue added.

If I put a \l at the end of every legend label, I get one label per
line.

So I'm all for "--align-legend=noglue" , or "--align-legend=no"  :o)

Carter

Carter Bullard
CEO/President
QoSient, LLC