[rrd-developers] Seg fault with r1094

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:38:35 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 07:48:20PM -0500, Matthew Chambers wrote:
>I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.  I know when I submitted
>my patch for --full-size-mode my rrdtool calls were working fine.  Since
>then, I've discovered an unintended feature where --full-size-mode doesn't
>act right with --no-legend.  In the course of trying to fix this, I updated
>my working copy to the repo's version of the patch, which apparently
>included some other changes then.  Since recompiling from then on it seems
>that none of my rrdtool cards are working right.  They segfault on any time
>I actually call an rrd (I've only tried info and graph, but probably any
>subcommand).  I recompiled with -g -O0 and ran it through gdb, and I got
>this:
>

>Starting program: /frogstar/usr/ppc/bin/rrdtool info
>/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/__SummaryInfo__/swap_free.rrd
>

>Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>
>0x0ff6d1cc in rrd_close (rrd_file=0x0) at rrd_open.c:418
>
>418                  ret = munmap(rrd_file->file_start, rrd_file->file_len);
>

>Now I'm sure I didn't change anything in rrd_open, so is this a new bug, or
>am I missing something?  I just need to make sure I'm not crazy.

Sounds odd, info works fine for me.
Can you make clean && make again, just to be sure. Also, which access
method do you use (mmap or FD). Any additional flags you specified in
to configure? If this still fails, i'd like to know what version of
binutils/cc you are using, and which arch you are on.

If you are not passing anything to configure, please send a bzip2'ed
sample to me directly.

Thanks,