[rrd-developers] rrdtool 1.3 is drawing near (last feature is in)

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Apr 21 00:56:46 CEST 2008

Developers,

Over the last few days I have integrated a heavily modified version
of Mark Plaksins patch into RRDtool 1.3dev. The result is a new
interface to the RRDtool graph function called 'graphv' or when
calling from C 'rrd_graph_v'. The new interface returns a lot of
meta-data about the graph in rrd_info style. This even includes the
graph itself when called with '' or '-' as the name of the graph.

The new call is supported on the RRDtool command line, Perl and ruby
bindings. Unfortunately I am not very familiar with writing python
bindings, so this is left as an exercise to an avid python hacker
(the current python bindings do NOT include proper rrd_info
bindings, but rather an independent reimplementation of the same
functionality).

The meta information returned contains additional information about
the graph. Most notably the location of the actual graph inside the
image.

Thanks Mark for getting me started on this!

With this addition I am down to fixing some bugs mentioned on the
rrd traq but we should go rc pretty soon.

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902