[rrd-developers] Patch for rrdtool.spec

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Sat Jun 7 03:49:08 CEST 2008

Hi Jarod:

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com> wrote:

> The spec could probably stand to have some additional conditionals in it for
> el4/el5/other vendor's rpm-based distros/etc., but perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker is
> definitely needed as a BR: for all currently-supported-by-the-Fedora-Project
> Fedora releases (F7 for another week, F8, F9 and rawhide). Might want to
> coordinate that with Chris Ricker, who recently took over Fedora/EPEL
> maintainership of rrdtool from me.

We can probably add a check to conditionally add
perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker to BuildRequires only if needed, this will
solve the particular "issue" I was having.

Chris, do you have any plans to include RRDtool 1.3rc7 (or newer) to
EPEL?  I think it's do-able on a EL4 based system (I've done it), but
you need updated versions of glib2, pango, cairo and intltool.

Cheers,

Bernard