[rrd-developers] rrdupates per second

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Jun 10 07:58:35 CEST 2008

Hi Bernhard,

Yesterday Bernard Li wrote:

> I will dig deeper to confirm whether my OS (CentOS 4.x) supports
> fadvise and whether the rrdtool RPM was built correctly with that
> option enabled.

centos runs on some vintage 2.6.9 kernel (?) it may be that the
fadvise implementation there is not working correctly.

dave plonka wrote a little tool that lets you check if the fadvise
stuff is working ...

http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka/fincore/

http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka/fadvise/

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902