[rrd-developers] [rrd-developer] memory usage is increasing continously

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Thu Jun 19 20:54:28 CEST 2008

Hi Jeeva:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Kathirvel, Jeevanandam
<Jeevanandam.Kathirvel at honeywell.com> wrote:

> We are updating the RRD Graph for every 15 secs continuously from the
> browser, System is getting hanged, if we keep the system running for 10-12
> hours, we noticed that system memory usage shots up to >95% and rrdtool
> memory usage upto  40% ( please refer error.jpg for details)

Perhaps you can provide more information:

1) What version of rrdtool are you using?
2) How is rrdtool being called?  System-call?  Or via bindings (like
Python, Perl, etc.)
3) Are you using some other application which uses rrdtool, or some
in-house code?

P.S. I did not see the "error.jpg" file you mentioned

Cheers,

Bernard