[rrd-developers] rrdtool-1.3rc2 is out

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri May 16 00:49:55 CEST 2008

Users!

Based on Feedback from MacOS X and FreeBSD users I have fixed
building for these two platforms.  Download RC2 from the
development snapshots area of

  http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/download.en.html

* have some reports that the new release was not working with
  cacti, I have not been able to verify this, help is apreciated.

* If you are running some rrdtool frontend with 1.2 at the moment,
  please test with 1.3 ... there should be no major breakage.

Please test this release on your system. I am especially interested
in additions to the build instructions:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/browser/trunk/program/doc/rrdbuild.pod

If no major issues are found, I will be releasing 1.3.0 some time
next week.

For a chance to chat about the new release, check out the Nordic
Nagois Meet June 3-4 2008 http://www.nordicnagiosmeet.wmr.se/

Brought to you by the 2008 RRDtool sponsors:
GOLD:   http://www.groundworkopensource.com
        http://www.zenoss.com
SILVER: http://www.hosteurope.de http://www.atc-onlane.com
        http://www.terreactive.ch http://www.google.com