[rrd-developers] rrdtool-1.3rc5 is out

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Sun May 25 22:19:12 CEST 2008

Users!

The RCs continue. This is hopefully be the last one, but who am I
to tell.

* Fixed Updates for 1.0.x files. This has been broken for over a
  year. It seems not all that many people have been testing the new
  release with old files. The problem was, that with the new MMAP
  code, the last_update time did not get written back to the rrd
  file which caused the rrd to get filled with NaNs at an
  incerassing speed with every update.

* INCOMPATIBILE CHANGE - Updated python bindings for 'info' to not
  be broken anymore by using the real rrd_info code. This does
  unfortunately break compatibility with the previous 'info'
  implementation for python, but since it segfaulted reliably I
  guess that not many people have been using it lately.

* Added 'updatev' and 'graphv' to the python bindings.

* fixed tab expansion for '\t' inline tabs.

* fixed pdf, svg and ps output format to actually get written to a
  file (another feature not many people seem to be using yet)

Download the new release from the development snapshots area of

  http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/download.en.html

Please test this release on your system. I am especially interested
in additions to the build instructions.

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/browser/trunk/program/doc/rrdbuild.pod

If no major issues are found, I will be releasing 1.3.0 some time
this week.

For a chance to chat about the new release, check out the Nordic
Nagois Meet June 3-4 2008 http://www.nordicnagiosmeet.wmr.se/

Brought to you by the 2008 RRDtool sponsors:
GOLD:   http://www.groundworkopensource.com
        http://www.zenoss.com
SILVER: http://www.hosteurope.de http://www.atc-onlane.com
        http://www.terreactive.ch http://www.google.com