[rrd-developers] implementing portable format

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Mon Nov 3 13:37:30 CET 2008

Hi Kevin,

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 08:44:40PM -0600, kevin brintnall wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 12:42:13PM +0100, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > (Disclaimer: I did not really follow that, so I might repeat stuff or
> > just talk plain bullshit - if so, please tell me ;-))
>
> Check my previous email on the thread and let me know if you still have
> questions about the BATCH protocol.  The current implementation is
> documented in rrdcached.pod.
[...]

Well, I don't really have any questions about the current implemen-
tation. I was just going to bring up a few ideas about how to get a
correct status even when using the BATCH mode but I did not know what
has been discussed on that topic so far.

So, did you look at my suggestions? What do you think about that? I know
that this would require a change of the protocol but the current imple-
mentation has not yet been released, so it's still time to change it if
required / wanted.

Cheers,
Sebastian