[rrd-developers] rrdcached PID file and socket

kevin brintnall kbrint at rufus.net
Wed Oct 1 15:43:11 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 02:37:26PM +0100, Daniel.Pocock at barclayscapital.com wrote:
> The original seg faults I got were due to undersized RRD files, the
> issue was traced fairly easily from the backtraces and the last
> filenames accessed.  Somehow some of the RRD files were not fully
> created when I started my Ganglia server.  I think that problem was with
> 1.3.2.  I went back to square one with trunk, deleting all my RRDs and
> letting it recreate 95GB of them when Ganglia started - this time, all
> of them were created correctly, so I'm guessing the RRD creation problem
> has been fixed.

The core dump with short files was fixed in r1512:

r1512 | oetiker | 2008-09-18 13:30:48 +0000 (Thu, 18 Sep 2008) | 3 lines

Fix for debian bug 498183 ... never *advise after the end of the
file. On sparc this causes a segfault. Thanks to Sebastian Harl and Jurij Smakov
 for finding this.

Let us know if you can catch a "bt".

--
 kevin brintnall =~ /kbrint at rufus.net/