[rrd-developers] API doc

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Wed Sep 3 09:52:17 CEST 2008

Hi Tobi,

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 09:25:10AM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Today Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 11:34:37PM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> > > I think the key here is to document what happens, so if the library
> > [...]
> >
> > Which reminds me that the librrd API has not been documented yet (or did
> > I miss something?). Is anybody working on that already? Else, I will, at
> > least, put it on my TODO list. If I come up with something incomplete,
> > some more people might contribute to it ;-)
>
> nope, no documentation yet ... apropos, I would like to see this
> done with doxygen, I will be glad to add your patches.

Ugh, frankly, I hate doxygen. I would have done that using POD as well
(just like all other documentation for rrdtool) and then generated
manpages from that. If you insist on doxygen, somebody else will have to
do that, I'm afraid. info-pages or asciidoc would be fine for me as
well. Tons of different browsers are available for the former while POD
and asciidoc allow for the creation of HTML pages (and quite a few other
formats).

Cheers,
Sebastian