[rrd-developers] [Ganglia-developers] Integrating rrdcached with Ganglia

Daniel.Pocock at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Pocock at barclayscapital.com
Mon Sep 29 17:34:42 CEST 2008

I've upgraded to 1.3.3 (the patch applies with 1 reject, which is only
the copyright message) and installed the debug symbols and found that
each time this error occurs, rrd_update is trying to update an RRD file
that is smaller than the expected size (i.e. smaller than the other RRD
files in the same directory)

I haven't yet established whether the RRD files were created earlier
with the wrong size, or if they have somehow been truncated during the
crash.

The whole directory tree was empty before I started doing these tests,
so the RRD files have definitely been created with rrdtool 1.3.

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.