[rrd-developers] Preview for updated RRDTool PHP extension and userland wrapper

Benny Baumann BenBE at geshi.org
Sun Aug 23 17:03:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

I recently updated the PHP binding for RRDtool to include some more
functions and have an much easier to understand interface. The PHP
extension basically follows the RRDTool API except for some parameters
being handled internally (e.g. the argument count is done internally).

The PHP extension needs rrdtool version 1.3.999 with the rrd_dump_cb_r
API call to work; earlier builds without this function work if you don't
need the rrd_dump function. ATM rrd_dump always uses Header Type 1 for
generated XML.

The library wrapper offers an OOP-like interface to build RRDfiles or
analyze them (not fully implemented - as I said only a preview for now.
No graphing support in the PHP wrapper lib yet.

I'm happy about any feedback and patches to improve both the PHP
extension as well as the PHP wrapper library.

Regards,
BenBE.