[rrd-developers] can we Add comments in rrd files

Sarath sarath.gannamani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 06:34:02 CET 2009

Hi,

         I need to create RRD files with ds_name of some alias name to a
service. for example: for a service like "WINDOWSDISK", i need to create rrd
file with ds_name as "disk123".  To preserve the readability of xml dump
files, i need to get a comment like
"WINDOWSDISK: disk123"    in the xml files.

Can i add any comments in RRD files or how can i acheive this?  Thanks for
any responses...
Regards,
Sarath.