[rrd-developers] RRDCacheD CREATE method

kevin brintnall kbrint at rufus.net
Mon Jan 5 18:13:47 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 11:21:12PM +0100, Yann JOUANIN wrote:
> Hello list?!
>
> I am using RRDcached for a few time and one of the problem I encountered was
> the CREATE method isn?t implemented (yet?).
>
> Is this a choice or just lack of time?
>
> Do you think it would be difficult to implement? if not, I would try to
> code it.

Ideally such a mod would only permit a correctly-formed "CREATE", and only
on a file that does not already exist.  You could store the create string
in the cache_item_t data structure, and then call rrd_create_r() as part
of the queue_thread_main().

Syntax-checking the CREATE check would probably require separating out
some of the code from rrd_update_r.

Also, you'll have to find any existing code that assumes the file already
exists.

If you need any other pointers, just ask.

--
 kevin brintnall =~ /kbrint at rufus.net/