[rrd-developers] MRTG , Segmentation Fault , After re-installing perl .

kevin brintnall kbrint at rufus.net
Fri Mar 13 05:07:57 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 02:07:18PM -0800, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
>   	Hello Kevin ,
>
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, kevin brintnall wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:43:16AM -0800, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> >>
> >>  	CFLAGS=-g ./configure ; CFLAGS=-g make ; CFLAGS=-g make install

Somehow I think your compiler still has optimizations on..  it appears to
be in-lining write_RRA_row.  When I compile with a similar procedure,
write_RRA_rows is not in-lined.  FYI I believe you only need to specify
the CFLAGS on the 'configure'.

Can you show the command line that's being used to compile rrd_update.c ?

It will be very helpful to see the ds_idx value; I suspect it's this
pointer de-reference that's causing the SIGSEGV, because all the other
pointers look correct: 	rrd->ds_def[ds_idx].ds_nam

This could also happen if your stat_head->ds_cnt is corrupted somehow.

	(gdb) p rrd->stat_head->ds_cnt
	(gdb) p rrd->stat_head

Also, what happens if you run an equivalent 'rrdtool updatev' from the
command line?

--
 kevin brintnall =~ /kbrint at rufus.net/