[rrd-developers] getting rid of some of the LOCALE magic

Florian Forster rrdtool at nospam.verplant.org
Fri Sep 4 11:24:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 09:54:37AM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> this causes the locale settings to be reset to whatever the
> coresponding environment variable sais ... this is nice when people
> set the LC_* variable in the surrounding code ... but it cause
> unexpected behaviour, if people use setlocale when calling rrdtool as
> a library ...

I'm basically anti-magic. I think the expected behavior would be to
honor the environment when run from the command line and not to change
the existing locale setting when called as a library. I'd therefore move
that code from the “librrd” library to the “rrdtool” application.

Regards,
-octo
--
Florian octo Forster