[rrd-developers] Relicensing of src/rrd_client.[ch]

Florian Forster rrdtool at nospam.verplant.org
Tue Apr 6 20:59:42 CEST 2010

Hi Kevin and Sebastian,

I would like to open up the rrdcached client interface so it can be used
from non-GPL applications. For that I would like to re-license the two
files

  src/rrd_client.h and
  src/rrd_client.c

to a more permissible license. I was thinking about using the MIT
license or the LGPL "2.1 or later".

As far as I see, you two are the only other copyright holders on those
files [0]. Would a license change be okay for you? If so, which license
do you prefer?

Regards,
—octo

[0] It is kind of hard to tell because SVN doesn't differentiate between
    author and committer. The mail goes to the mailing list as well, so
    if I missed a contribution please speak up! The files list me as the
    sole copyright holder which I believe is outdated.
--
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training