[rrd-developers] Problems with rrdcached and RRDs::graph

SaschaTen Sascha.Tentscher at gmx.de
Fri Jan 29 19:16:58 CET 2010

Hello,

you are right there are text-file in the file-system. In this files there
are entries consists of UPDATE, a RRD-file/path and a VALUE. My opinion was
that this is the RRDcache feature, so it cached the incoming value into a
text-file before it flushed this value into the RRD. After I send the flush
command the daemon will check all files for entries for this RRD-file and
collect this data to update the RRD-file. It's like a journal for databases
with the data that was sent to the RRD-file and is it processed or will it
done later. For rollback or if an commit-comand comes to flush the data. I
hope you could floow my mind and I'm not so wrong.

Is that right or wrong? And if it's wrong how could I hold the entries in
the RAM so that I could send the flush command every 10 minutes respectively
short before I wan't to draw a graph.

Regards
Sascha