[rrd-developers] Specifying a specific Python version

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Thu Jul 15 11:10:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 06:54:13PM +1000, Nicholas Yue wrote:
>     Is there a way in configure to specify a specific version of python
> to use?
>
>     My OS has python 2.4 as default in /usr/bin/python
>
>     I would like to build rrdtool with python2.5, which is in
> /usr/bin/python2.5

In the Debian package, we're disabling Python when running configure and
then build the Python bindings manually by calling "python$version
setup.py build". See [1] for details about what else is required to get
the bindings to actually build fine.

HTH,
Sebastian

[1] <http://git.tokkee.org/?p=pkg-rrdtool.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules>