[rrd-developers] Backwards compatability from 1.4.3 to 1.2.30

Euphoria Audio ea at euphoriaaudio.com
Fri Jun 25 19:20:49 CEST 2010

> Ah, that makes sense. I just finished building 1.2 in Visual Studio and it's exhibiting some of the same
> behavior. I'll work on figuring out the data alignment. Thank you very much for your help!

Figured it out and it was really a type issue. MSVC defaults to using a 64 bit value for time_t whereas cygwin was using a 32bit. I changed added _USE_32BIT_TIME_T to the pre-processor definitions and now MSVC builds RRDTOOl just fine and it spits out the proper values. I'll fix up the solution again and send it to the list. Thanks!