[rrd-developers] rrd_graph and flush behavior

Eduardo Bragatto eduardo at bragatto.com
Tue May 25 23:14:38 CEST 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 5:28 PM, kevin brintnall wrote:

> The symbolic link should work.  Can you verify whether realpath(2)
> on your system reports the correct path in the symlink case?  If
> realpath(2) is right and the client is still not providing the right
> file name, then there is definitely a problem.

realpath(3) does work.

I have used this little wrapper:

http://yost.com/computers/compileAndGo/realpath.html

And after compiling and running it, I do get the real path:

# ./test_realpath /usr/local/rrd/stable-crm2/repository/manager.nbg/
switches/whk2s1/10146.rrd
/usr/local/rrd/stable-crm2/rrd/switches/whk2s1/10146.rrd

However calling "rrd_graph" to read "/usr/local/rrd/stable-crm2/
repository/manager.nbg/switches/whk2s1/10146.rrd" does not cause it to
flush to disk.

- Eduardo Bragatto