[rrd-developers] rrdcache Update success response..

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Nov 1 23:07:27 CET 2010

Ah... you're right.  Serves me right for working from the trunk version of rrd_daemon.c which has already been hacked about with to add the chaining code, coincidentally fixing this without realising it on the way.

Checking the actual 1.4.4 code I see that it does indeed say 'errors' but exit with an OK status if it enqueues >0 values.  The 'errors' prefix is completely superfluous as the processing doesnt even count the errors...

If Tobi accepts my chaining code submission then the problem will go away :)

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz