[rrd-developers] DS idea

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 11 00:56:42 CEST 2010

> > I have an existing framework which samples data from a system
> > every minute. To avoid load peaks, the sampling of the different
> > parts is spread around the seconds of a minute. For most measured
> > variables RRD does just the right thing by interpolating to the
> > step grid.
> sounds like a sensible analysis to me :-) except that I would call
> the datasource type
>
>   GAUGELATEST

Whatever it's called, I'd certainly like to see a DS type which is like GAUGE but without the normalisation to the interval.  There are many applications for which this would be useful.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail