[rrd-developers] DS idea

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Oct 11 07:43:58 CEST 2010

Hi Alex,

Today Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

[...]

> I did nothing more than change step from 300 into 1, and multiplying each
> steps by 300. Nothing special, nothing complex, just different.

the following scenario:

a single RRD with 2 Data Sources two RRAs one with AVERAGE the
other with MAX stored at 300 second intervals.

Datasource A is a COUNTER you poll every ~300 seconds.

Datasource B is a GAUGE where you want to store the actual value
read to the RRD every 300 seconds (without re-sampling).

To avoid jitter you want to use the actual poll time when feeding
the data to the RRD.

the example you just posted does not address this as far as I can
see.