[rrd-developers] [SPAM] Re: How to create a new Data Type and Consolidation Function?

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Tue Apr 12 21:25:40 CEST 2011

On 4/12/2011 3:06 PM, Long V wrote:
> Example: assume resolution 1 we keep 4 PDP. Resolution 2 we keep 4 CDP. Then if
> our zoom time range is time 5 to 8 then it'll trigger res_1 so we have to
> multiply by 60. If our zoom time range is time 1 to 8 then it'll trigger res_2
> and we have to know it's res_2 so we have to multiply by 120 instead of 60.

I haven't tried it myself but I suspect you could do this using TIME:

DEF:res=rrdfile.rrd:res:AVERAGE
CDEF:ts=res,POP,TIME
CDEF:res_mult=res,POP,ts,PREV(ts),-
CDEF:res_delta=res,res_mult,*

The "res,POP" construct above is just to get around the requirement that
a CDEF reference at least one DEF.

Would that get the job done?

Dan