[rrd-developers] regarding rrdcached

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Aug 15 03:31:36 CEST 2011

Anything that decreases data corruption must be a good thing

Though probably the error messages would need to be standardised before it gets into production:

+        RRDD_LOG (LOG_ERR, "handle_request_update: "
+            "YO DAWG, I HER ... something went wrong (%s)",
+            ci->file);
+        RRDD_LOG (LOG_ERR, "handle_request_update: "
+            "YO DAWG, I HERD U LIEK DISCARDING DATA (%s)",
+            ci->file);

Should the second case produce an 'err' message, though?  Since no data will actually be lost, maybe this should be a LOG_INFO or LOG_WARN instead?

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail