[rrd-developers] Link issue with libdbi

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Thu Feb 3 19:56:49 CET 2011

Hi Tobi:

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:

> this is odd, since configure checks if libdbi is available or not
> ... so it should not try to link against it if it is not around ...

Just to clarify, I'm *not* trying to build RRDtool but Ganglia with
requires RRDtool during build.  The issue is that for some
/usr/lib/libdbi.so is needed during build on Ubuntu when the tarball
is bootstrapped on RHEL5+.  I'm not even sure if the issue is with
RRDtool but just thought I'd post here to see if anybody has any
hints.  Perhaps I should try building Cacti against a RRDtool with
libdbi support to see if I get the same issue...

Thanks!

Bernard