[rrd-developers] threadsafe problems

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Feb 4 05:27:32 CET 2011

> I try to use librrd in a multithreaded application, and it seems like
> most/all functions at not thread-safe due to getopt().

Which versions are you using, and which library functions are you calling?  There are the rrd_*_r threadsafe functions and the other rrd_* ones (which are not threadsafe).  Also the rrdc_* function are (I think) threadsafe.

Since you are always using the caching daemon, maybe you can call rrdc_flush or rrdc_flushall which would be threadsafe?

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail