[rrd-developers] Creating new RRD files via rrdcached fails!

Alex Bennee kernel-hacker at bennee.com
Fri Jan 14 17:29:22 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm 99% sure I've done something silly because I'm sure people would
have noticed before me. However in testing our application I noticed
that new RRD files are not being created when required.

The problem is in rrdc_create which calls get_path. The get_path call
calls realpath which then fails because the path being resolved
doesn't exist yet.

This is the same reason /var/lib/rrdcached/journal currently doesn't
created on start-up.

Am I missing something obvious here or is this a bug? Should
rrdc_create be passing the dirname of new RRD file to get_path rather
than the full path of the yet to be created file?

Tested with 1.4.5

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk