[rrd-developers] License problem with php pecl extension and debian

Miroslav Kubelík koubel at seznam.cz
Mon Nov 14 12:07:22 CET 2011

Hello,
I'm maintainer of php pecl rrd http://pecl.php.net/package/rrd. I have the
question about licensing. Pecl rrd packege in under PHP license, which is
compatible with RRD license and PECL policy. But I got a request from some
debian guy, that the PHP license isn't permitted for new debian packages,
hence if we want to have pecl rrd php extension in debian I need to change
license. What do you suggest me?
I want to stay the extension in the PECL for manual and tooling
integration with PHP project itself.
I can switch the license to BSD type - see
http://pecl.php.net/account-request.php, but I don't know if it's
compatible with the rrd itself.

Miroslav Kubelík