[rrd-developers] rrd_graph.c crashed on right Y-axis with SI units

Martin Pelikan martin.pelikan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:03:58 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 04:39:51PM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> thanks for investigating this ... the intended behaviour is not to
> autoscale in that way though ... there was already an incomplete
> fix for this probem in r2123 ... I have not put in the rest of the
> fix in r2297

No problem.  I'm just making per-customer graphs so the BFUs can see
what speed did they order (left axis) and what speed did they see in
their browser (right axis), and for me it kind of does make sense to
have them look the same.  Furthermore, I found a "sort-of-tutorial",
more like a bunch of examples here:

http://wiki.springsurprise.com/2010/10/14/rules-legends-and-scales-with-rrdtool/

which shows in the Example 3 that it is possible to autoscale on the
right side.  How do I do this?  Or, should I write a patch, how would
you prefer the setting to look?  --units-left/--units-right?

I hope I didn't miss anything in the manuals; thanks for the quick fix,
though.
--
Martin Pelikan