[rrd-developers] Yet another RRD merge script

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Aug 20 11:32:41 CEST 2012

I've now managed to add a few features --

1. Merge RRAs from multiple RRD files into one RRA or multiple RRAs
2. Merge DS lists from multiple RRD files into the same RRAs
3. Extend RRAs, filling in gaps from multiple RRAs over multiple RRDs, including filling in gaps using higher-resolution RRAs where appropriate resolution is not available
4. Change the step size for an RRD, altering the RRA pdp-per-cdp on the way
5. Merge RRDs with different step sizes using approximation (provided steps are a multipleof each other)
6. Merge to XML or to RRD

Still missing -

1. Support for calculated DSs (should be easily done, I think)
2. Support for type-4 RRD and HW RRAs
3. More intelligent filling in of gaps in RRA should be possible.
4. Merging RRAs with pdp per cdp not a multiple of each other
5. Merging RRDs with step sizes not a multiple of each other (hard)

I will post a URL for people to pick up a copy of the current snapshot tomorrow.  Thanks for the interest!

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead